A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

THE GREAT OUTDOORS



It's May, the sun is shining (most days) so we've been able to spend more time outdoors.  It's not that I'm a fair weather kinda gal, but I spend so much time in the rain, in the mud, in the river with the dogs, it's nice to be clean (ish) and feel the sun on my back.

As soon as we have a week or more of nice weather everyone just seems happier.  I meet more people whilst walking the hounds; mind you this can also be a bad thing as they aren't the most obedient of dogs!  I meet up with other mum friends and let the children run wild on the local playing fields, we explore and I can wear nicer outfits.  The latter makes for a happy mummy!


Although it is lovely to go on day trips, we visited Pepper Pig World last week.  Sometimes you have the most fun doing the simplest of things.  We explore the garden, creepy crawlies are her latest favourite.  I'm not a huge fan but I pretend to be as excited as her and not at all scared, even though I want to run a million miles away from anything with eight or more legs!!  We have visited lots of parks and I've come to realise, that my outfit choices are not always suitable when you have to climb up a slide or through a tunnel and you are wearing a rather flimsy, semi see through Zara shirt dress!! 



But the highlight of this week was watching Harriet sit on Ellie, my Section A pony, for the first time. 



A couple of weeks ago we visited my 18hh ex showjumper at his fantastic retirement home Grosmont Farm in Abergavenny.  This superb retirement facility is just what my much loved old boy needs.  A relaxed and calming environment but still enough going on with the lambing and the dairy herd to keep his interest.  Their care of the horses is second to none and I have regular updates via social media and email.  Whilst visiting Lurch, horse mad Harriet was lucky enough to have a ride on Appy, a fantastic bombproof, kind, honest pony owned by the Robinson family.  She enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait to arrange a visit to see my pony Ellie who is currently on loan to an older, horse mad little girl. 


From the minute she spotted Ellie and the other horses in the field she was shrieking 'horsey, horsey'.  As we led her around I saw the moment she was hooked.  You see ponies and horses have grace, they have beauty and they have spirit.  It's an addiction  I just can't explain.  From the first moment I sat on a pony I knew they would forever be in my heart.  Watching her have so much enjoyment made me miss riding so much.  I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my passion and encouraging hers as she grows.  Yes I probably will be that push pony club mum!

And finally I actually had a night #outout! One of my lovely, beautiful work colleagues from a previous job is finally getting hitched!  I am so over the moon for her but sadly I cannot make the wedding in India.  I am absolutely gutted so there was no way I was missing out on the hen party!  Delicious Mexican food and far too many cocktails but what a fun  night.  I wore a jumpsuit from Warehouse that is from their Spring/Summer range.  It's still quite cool in the evenings so I teamed it with my ever faithful leather jacket and a statement next necklace.  I love that fact you can add some bold colours to khaki green.  It's so easy to wear dressed up or down, I decided to team it on this occasion with coral strappy sandals. 



Home by midnight for us rock n roll stars.. not like the old days.  But back then I could wallow in self pity in bed until midday and then bribe someone to bring me a McDonalds.  These days I'm woken abruptly around 7 am on a good day and there's no rest all day.  But would I change a thing?  Definitely not!


Victoria
xx








1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig