A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

BEAUTIFUL GIFTS


So where did the last week go?  I have been poorly which meant it took all my energy to be mummy  let alone do anything else but I have been so excited to share with you some amazing new companies, fabulous products and unique gifts.  Little gems that I've stumbled upon and companies I have used previously and can't fault. 



I shall start with the most luxurious mothers day present ever for the Mother-In-Law (yep, super daughter-in-law points here).   I loathe buying every year the same old same old, for loved ones.  I like to think of new ideas and unique items they will use, not tat that will just gather dust on the shelf.  Ila & Lane https://www.ilaandlane.co.uk/ offer bespoke luxury gifting.  They take the hassle and worry off your shoulders I basically told them my budget, told them a little about her and what she loves and doesn't love, paid and just waited for her amazing gift to arrive.



I was delighted at the quality, size and presentation when her gift arrived.  Such unique gifts all together in one box.  Unicorn chocolate lolly and a chocolate bar finished with 24karat edible gold leaf by Babushka Boutique. This handmade Belgian artisan chocolate is too pretty to eat and who isn't obsessed with unicorns?  The Prosecco and Peony candle smelt divine.  I was so tempted to sneak this out of the gift box and keep it for myself.  Even without lighting it, the fragrance was delicious and I loved the sleek glass jar. Korres bodymilk is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.  This organic brand use skin friendly ingredients with essential fruit oils and zero unwanted synthetics.  I love brands that have a strong natural approach so I can't wait to hear what she thinks about this.  Last but not least I was really pleased that  Gin & Tonic flavour lip balm was included.  She has been eyeing mine up for a few weeks.  Small and compact, perfect for coat pockets and handbags plus it has been a life saver whilst walking the dogs in the miserable Welsh weather we have had recently.  All in all this gift box was a huge success and I am so pleased with the results.  The fact that Ila & Lane, as well as offering this unique service, also provide a platform for small businesses I think is amazing.  To be able to purchase from lots of different brands all on one website or to receive gifts and discover new brands is such a good idea.  When large companies have huge marketing budgets and a massive presence on social media, small companies sometimes get lost but thanks to Ila & Lane I am discovering new and unique things all of the time.... just don't tell my husband!!!



Roath Farmers Market

Last Sunday we decided to visit Roath Farmers Market in Cardiff.  This market has everything with up to 30 producers selling the best in fresh, local Welsh and organic food, together with delicious home-made ‘world’ foods representing the diversity of Cardiff, from bread and cakes, fish and meat, flowers and fruit & veg, to farmhouse cheese and Welsh organic whisky and a craft section.



I met a lovely lady from Garlic Meadow. A smallholding that is home to award-winning Dorset Downs, geese, ducks and chickens. Producers of Handmade Goats Milk Soap, sellers of their own wool.  I bought some goats milk soap in Strawberry dust and Lavender flavours.  These soaps are completely natural, free from palm oil, harsh chemicals and suitable for vegetarians.  Goats milk is rich in lactic acid which helps remove dead skin cells, rich in vitamin A which helps skins to rejuvenate and rich in natural fats to moisturise.  It is great for both dry and acne prone skin.  A natural product which is excellent value and looks pretty too!


You can purchase these item plus many more from Garlic Meadows Etsy Shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GarlicMeadow

Another company I found at the market although I had already been stalking them on Instagram was Clams Cakes.  An artisan, award winning local bakers that use no hydrogenated fats and only free range eggs.  Follow them on insta and order from their website or pop down to the market.  Trust me you will not be disappointed.

https://www.instagram.com/clamscakes/

Sadly I scoffed all of my cake before taking photos so here is a couple from their own Instagram account.



Roath Farmers Market is every Saturday at the Mackintosh Centre on Keppoch Street, Cardiff (in front of THE GATE Art Centre.

Please support local businesses, visit local markets, eat local food.  Small businesses fuel the economy and invigorate the community.  Don't forget, it only takes one person to start the trend....

Victoria xx



No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig