A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

A PERFECT MOTHERS DAY



Motherhood.  Such a huge, exhausting, important, daunting task.  For now I am no longer the centre of my own universe, I have relinquished that position to my daughter.  If it has taught me one thing, that is I can never thank my mother enough for what she has done for us.  My greatest role model, best friend and doting Nanny.  Thank you for always being there, for helping out and giving advice.  For your kindness and patience and always putting everyone before yourself.  We couldn't get by without you.


But Mothers Day doesn't have to be about your biological mum.  Whoever is there for you, cares for you, supports, encourages and believes in you.  To the single dads who have to be both mum and dad, to the grandparents, carers and friends.  We are truly blessed to know you, love you and be part of your life.  So to you all, thank you.


This year I was excited to receive my first handmade card from Harriet.  That beautiful, glittery card takes pride of place on our fridge and I probably will leave it there for weeks.  I guess this is the start of the hoarding pile, all of the things our children make that we never throw away!  I cannot wait to open the cupboard in twenty years and piles of homemade items  spill out. For her to say to me like I have said to my mum 'why don't you throw this crap away?' and like my mother has always replied to me 'no darling, you made all of this, it's special to me'.


All I wanted to do this mothering Sunday was spend time with my family.  My husband, my daughter and my dogs.  We started the day with a huge breakfast just at our local Frankie & Bennys.  Sadly Harriet gets bored in the highchair these days so we get about twenty minutes maximum to wolf down any food before one of us is running around with her.  Therefore are current restaurants of choice are always child friendly!


After visiting both sets of grandparents to show them our appreciation of everything they do for us, we headed off for a fun afternoon in the gorgeous Spring sunshine.


Merthyr Mawr sand dunes in the picturesque village of Merthyr Mawr, Vale of Glamorgan, a relatively large, unspoilt coastal and sand dune habitat.  This beautiful nature reserve is home to many plants and wildlife and is a magical place to visit. 



We walked along the sand dunes for hours whilst Harriet ran and frolicked with the dogs finally reaching the beach at Ogmore.  The tide was coming in so we jumped in the waves and splashed about.  We collected shells on the beach and skimmed pebbles for the dogs to chase.  I carried her back across the dunes in a sling, her little legs exhausted from all the fun.






In our chaotic busy lives, I relish these precious moments.  To appreciate nature and be lost in our own adventure.  Spending time with loved ones away from digital gadgets and time constraints.  These are the things we will remember and talk about for years to come.  These are the things that matter.


Victoria
xx



 




 

2 comments

  1. Such beautiful sentiments ❤thank you for my beautiful cards and gorgeous gift you really cheered me up with your visit as I was really struggling after losing my own Mum in November. Glad you had a lovely day at the beach, I love the photos, I think I might have to frame the last one with Nath carrying Harriet it's a very powerful image, so beautiful. Thank you. Love you all very much ❤ XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww glad you loved them. You are more than welcome, you do enough for us. I know this year was going to be tough for you. I'm so sorry. Lots of love. xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig