A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

BATH & BODY CURRENT OBSESSIONS

Before I became a mum I didn't understand simple pleasures, like going to the toilet alone! In 19 months I think  I've been alone in the bathroom only a handful of times.  Gone are the days I spent hours in the bath with luxury bubbles, a sweet smelling candle, a book and a glass of wine.

These days I am in and out of the shower before I can even choose which conditioner to use or sharing my bath with a toddler and a rubber duck!


I don't have a lot of time to browse the latest bath and body must haves like I used to.  But here are some that I currently use and am loving right now.


I do love The Body Shop and their endless selection of skincare.  When I heard about their Drops of Light range I was keen to see for myself what all the fuss was about.   

I've been using the Drops of Light Resurfacing Liquid Peel for a couple of weeks.  This quick fix claims to visibly brighten the appearance after first use.  A transforming gel-to-peel technology that traps and gently peels off impurities and dead skin cells to unveil healthy looking skin that feels resurfaced from first use.  With brightening Red Algae rich in Vitamin C, minerals and nutrients.


This treatment is very creamy, it is similar to an exfoliator but more gentle and without the grittiness.  It is for both dry and sensitive skin and oily and acne prone skin.  Its aim is to remove dead skin and help to reduce excess oil and grime.  It certainly did not disappoint from the first time I used it. 

It says to use two pumps on dry skin and massage into your skin until clumps form.  I followed the guidelines exactly and was amazed how well it did remove dry, dead skin.  I then washed the debris off my face and instantly my skin felt smoother.  I have always suffered with very oily skin which gets congested very easily.  Since using this product (only 2-3 times a week), my skin looks clearer and brighter and the oil is under control.  I have also noticed a difference when wearing foundation.  It certainly sits better on my skin and doesn't dry. 

For only £18 I think this is definitely worth trying.  I am keen to try other products in the range which include; brightening serum, lotion, eye cream, day cream and a few others.


If you know of a local Body Shop Rep in your area, why not get in touch to order?  You are still ordering the same product from the same company for no extra cost, but you are also supporting someone in their own business.  

I do try to make a conscious effort to buy as many products that are not tested on animals and are vegan approved and Original Source is one of them.  My skin can be quite sensitive so body washes with a lot of hidden nasties usually end up turning me bright red.  These creamy moisturising body washes smell amazing and are gentle on my skin.  They all smell divine, this month I am slightly obsessed with the Coconut and Shea Butter.  It's a holiday in a bottle!



When did we all become so obsessed with white teeth?  Now don't get me wrong, we all want a nice set of gnashers, but I feel I am constantly comparing my teeth to those of celebrities.  They just seem to be getting brighter and brighter!  At the moment, I cannot justify spending over £300 to have my teeth whitened professionally at the dentists and I wouldn't dare visit an unlicensed practice, so that leaves me with various high street products that claim to make your teeth bright white.  I've tried a few, but I haven't really noticed that much of a difference.  I was introduced to the charcoal infused Ecodenta Extra Black Whitening toothpaste by a friend.  It claims to protects against tartar, provide a gentle antibacterial effect, and leave you with a long-lasting feeling of cleanliness and freshness. Presenting a more refreshing toothpaste with more whitening.


Charcoal is certainly having a moment.  Beauty bloggers and vloggers can't get enough of the stuff.  From teeth whitening to soap, this ancient beauty secret is making a major comeback.  But have I noticed a difference?  Well, my teeth are not Simon Cowell white but I have noticed a change.  If you can cope with the weirdness of using a black toothpaste and the black marks it leave in your basin then I would recommend this product.  It is safe to use everyday unlike some of the home made recipes all over the internet and the unique substance Teavigo, not only removes stains but prevents future stains.  Plus it is currently on offer at Holland & Barrett at £1.99.



Men can be notoriously tricky to buy for, they like stylish yet functional items.  My husband always needs a decent size, strong washbag for when he works nights and this canvas utilitarian inspired design from Ila & Lane is perfect.  Made from hard wearing 100% cotton canvas, with a large gold zipper design, it's the right size, unisex in style and lined with PEVA to keep the contents dry and tidy.  At only £15 I may order another one just to stop him moaning when I steal his all the time!  Well, if you have to travel, you may as well keep you toiletries organised in style too!

https://www.ilaandlane.co.uk/products/supplies-zipper-pouch


Victoria
xx









    ORIGINAL SOURCE IS MADE WITH NATURAL PLANT EXTRACTS AND AUTHENTIC FRAGRANCES FOUND FROM ALL ASPECTS OF NATURE. WE BELIEVE IN RESPECTING THE WORLD WE LIVE IN AND THAT WE SHOULD LIVE IN IT LOUDLY AND PROUDLY.

    WE INNOVATE, WE INVIGORATE.

     

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig