A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

WHO RUN THE WORLD......

For over a week I've been trying to write a blog post about my latest high street buys.  Every time I've sat down to write, another task has come up and I've had to leave my unfinished blog several times. This was starting to get me down.  How do other women manage? How do they manage children, dog walking, housework, work and find time for friends and partners?  Is it me? Am I just useless?  Do I procrastinate? (Probably answer yes, a little, to the last question). But why am I comparing myself? Why do we beat ourselves up?  This is my little space, something I'm enjoying.  If I start worrying about deadlines and content, am I really doing it for me anymore?  I think we are all a little bit guilty of comparison, of envy, of criticism.   But why?  In a modern world where we still have gender pay gaps and violence against women is still high, we need to support each other, empower each other not tear each other down.
 
 

Today marks International Women's Day, a day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.  Whether you take inspiration from Frida Kahlo, Ida Wells or your mother. We are all women and when women support each other, incredible things happen.
As well as my my own mum and friends who I could talk about all day, I have also met some amazing women, through social media, baby groups and networking. All of these women have inspired me, they have encouraged me and for that I am truly grateful.  Now I'm a mum to a little girl, it's important to show her that she can be anything, she can do anything.  I want her to grow up to be a strong independent woman, to be bold and confident, there's nothing she cannot do if she puts her mind to it.


So here's to women everywhere.  I'm grateful I have had the pleasure of knowing you and the honour of raising you.

Victoria xx














No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig