A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

MY FAVOURITES THIS MONTH



It's August, school's out, everyone is on a wind down and guess what? It's pretty much rained every day!  Typical British weather!  It's sweltering one week and the next I'm turning the heating back on (just don't tell my husband)!

I sit and stare at my pile of ironing that I should be doing whilst Harriet has a nap and I find my eyes and my mind creeping over to Instagram.  Social media has made a massive impact on the way we live our lives and for businesses, especially smaller companies and start ups, it has been a huge platform particularly those that don't have the marketing budget of international companies.  Thanks to artistic photos, bloggers, influencers and of course whether you love it or hate it, the new algorithm, you can find lots of new companies to buy from, bloggers to follow and  events to attend.

When I first started writing this blog I wanted it to be informative and well written, I wanted to  include my home life, fashion and interior design, but I find myself more and more talking about just my home life, my life with my family.  Initially, I wanted to have the most amazing pictures, I needed the latest digital camera straight away, I tried to make my husband become an Instagram husband (yes, I did and Nathan I'm sorry ha ha).  I read other blogs and wanted my life and my blog to be just like theirs. But for a blog to be genuine and capture peoples hearts, it has to be organic.  Yes we all post our best pics, I'm not going to lie about that but what I write is what happens to me, what we get up to, things I've purchased or recommend using.  Sometimes I think I should write a post and then I think to myself, what on earth am I going to write about?  Who cares what I've been up to this week?  But really, I am not writing this blog for popularity.  If any of my posts entertain you, inspire you or are informative then I'm truly grateful.  This is a way to express myself, my views and opinions but also to share memories' special events and the whirlwind that is becoming a mum.

Here are some of my favourites this month.

Parents of Fussy Eaters Rejoice
Someone I stumbled across on social media is  My Fussy Eater a blog dedicated to recipes, diet plans, tips and tricks, all for the most fussiest of eaters.  Harriet went through a phase of only eating yoghurt and spaghetti hoops, not even chocolate was appealing.  Luckily we seem to have moved through that stage but I found some great recipes on this blog.  One of her favourite snacks are Cheesy Puff Pastry Stars, not the healthiest snack in the world but if your children are already eating plenty of fruit and veg, who doesn't love a cheesy snack that's super easy to make?!

Ingredients
  • 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheet (who has time to make their own?!?)
  • 1 egg
  • 50g grated cheddar cheese
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
  2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out individual pastry pieces and place them on the baking sheet. Using the egg, apply a thin layer of egg wash to the top of each pasty star and then top with a little cheese.
  3. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the stars are golden.
  4. Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.

Supporting Small Independent Businesses
I love supporting small businesses and was so happy when I stumbled across Bohemias Closet on Instagram I fell in love straight away.  A British company selling clothing and footwear created by a mum.  Beautiful handmade leather shoes and cotton rompers all packaged in drawstring bags.  Luxury items without a luxury price tag, be sure to check them out.  I am in love with Harriet's rose gold shoes!

Crafting
When I am trying to juggle pipe cleaners, paint, glue and feathers and also trying to stop Harriet gluing something on the dogs or painting my walls/floor this apron has been a life safer!  With a super fun colourful pom pom trim and made from hardwearing durable linen.  Its the perfect accessory for a busy mum and an even busier artistic toddler!  The length of the apron makes it perfect for me or a child, even Harriet who is shorter than most 2 year olds managed to wear it, in fact I couldn't get it back off her!  Such a fun design, who doesn't want to look this stylish whilst crafting and playing?  Available from Hoi Interiors




If there are any blogs or companies you follow, be sure to write a comment with their details.  Let's share the love.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend

Victoria
xx



No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig