A Welsh mummy's fashion and lifestyle blog. From high heels to hounds and everything in between!

BEAUTY AND BODY TREATMENTS


Waxing, shaving, epilating, you name it, I've done it trying to keep that pesky body hair away.  Most of us have it, mot of us hate it and most of us are always looking for the most efficient way to keep it at bay.  The amount of times Harriet has had a swimming lesson and I've been between waxes and the last thing I wanted to do is pop on a bikini.  Let's face it, we all are too busy to wait these days so when I heard about a treatment that is a lot less painful than waxing, quicker and more efficient I couldn't wait to try!

Yesterday I underwent Intense Pulse Light treatment which uses SWT, a unique waveband technology to permanently remove hair on my bikini line at Beauty Oasis Day Spa & Salon.  I've heard about laser and IPL  hair removal in the past.  I thought it was a fad, probably excruciatingly painful and probably didn't work.  But how wrong was I?!

I opted for a full Hollywood, the treatment itself was over a lot quicker than waxing and a lot less messy too!  The procedure doesn't hurt, it's a little uncomfortable, like little elastic bands flicking you, it's not painful, just makes you jump a little.  I would opt for ten hours of the elastic band feeling rather than ten minutes of waxing that is for sure!  The hairs are only destroyed when they are in a certain stage of growth so after one session you should see a difference however a course  of 6 - 8 sessions is recommended to ensure all hairs are treated.


So how does this marvellous miracle work I hear you cry?  Basically, to achieve long lasting or permanent hair removal, it is necessary to destroy the hair follicle from which individual hairs grow.  Controlled pulses of light penetrate the epidermis and are absorbed by melanin in the hair contained in the follicle.  Melanin converts the light energy into heat.  This heat is transferred to the hair follicle, which is destroyed, making it unable to produce a new hair. 

It has only been a day and I'm not tender or sore, which always happens after waxing.  I'm a total convert.  It is definitely the way forward.  I am looking forward to my next session and I shall definitely be booking my legs in soon!

SWT laser treatments are also available at Beauty Oasis for skin rejuvenation, facial thread veins and acne clearance.  So basically, I am going to be living in the salon!


For more information about this procedure head over to http://www.beautyoasis.co.uk/   or follow them on facebook https://www.facebook.com/beautyoasisdayspa/ Alternatively tel 01495 762736

Here's to a fuzz free future!

Victoria
xx



No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig